I am sure giving rights is main problem at your end. 404 Error Fix Reply sumitd Star 8012 Points 2128 Posts Re: On IIS getting error HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Also team foundation server will not work, can't get that page active both ASP 3.5 and 4.5 are installed Stefan Groenen Hamont, Belgium www.stefagro.be Reply dyyo 108 Posts Re: IIS 8 May 18, 2009 06:36 AM|Nisha Balwatkar|LINK Your first option of second last post is only prompting me for my credentials and whn i enter thn it gives errror as follows HTTP
- share|improve this answer edited Jan 21 '09 at 22:15 Powerlord 60.3k1093148 answered Jan 21 '09 at 21:59 AnthonyWJones 145k22195274 add a comment| up vote 4 down vote I just happened to
- Visit: www.msblogdirectory.com www.dotnetspeaks.com Reply Prathamesh20...
- IIS 6.0 and later versions do not include this wildcard "MIME" mapping, and will not serve any extension that is not defined.
- Make an ASCII bat fly around an ASCII moon The use of each key in Western music How to draw a horizontal rule with a colour gradient?
- asp.net iis-7 asp.net-web-api share|improve this question edited Feb 27 '14 at 20:10 rogcg 5,9011865118 asked Mar 13 '13 at 15:41 Cotten 2,90663165 whre you are setting the file path.
- Is the "file path" something else? –Cotten Mar 13 '13 at 15:57 add a comment| 10 Answers 10 active oldest votes up vote 53 down vote accepted I don't understand why
- With this modification works fantastic. –HolloW Jun 25 '15 at 14:53 add a comment| up vote 25 down vote While the marked answer gets it working, all you really need to
- According to last post you said "In IIS check anonymous and uncheck window integrated and it shold work." Wellin 'Directory Security -> Authentication and access controls -> Edit -> Authentication Methods'
- asp.net share|improve this question edited Oct 15 '15 at 18:27 asked Jan 21 '09 at 21:55 BIBD 9,0682060102 There's a number of different reasons this could be, including handler
- Why are there so many stock exchanges in the world?
404 Error Fix
Earlier versions of IIS included a wildcard character for "MIME" mapping which permitted IIS to serve any file regardless of its extension. navigate here My foo.aspx page referenced a particular master page that had a <%@ Register %> directive to a user control that did not exist. High School Trigonometric Integration How can I get a visa for India on a 2-day notice? Click "OK" again to apply the new settings. Http Error 404. The Requested Resource Is Not Found.
I have hosted multiple sites in the default website in my local IIS. My dev machine was working fine, but the new machine I was deploying to was giving me the 404 error. Are you able tp browse the site from another machine within your network? Check This Out If I add other type of files in this folder like .txt or .doc thy r accessible.
May 16, 2009 10:46 PM|[email protected]|LINK Check permissions. Server Error 404 File Or Directory Not Found What web server are you using? when trying to open a pdf...
For example, the handler handles only requests whose URLs resemble the following URL: http://www.example.com/ExampleSite/ExampleFile.
May 18, 2009 03:59 AM|sagar k|LINK Then something might be wrong with your path .Also give full rights to that folder .Try giving access to "Everyone" file Dont Forget to MArk In order to define the wildcard "MIME Type", please follow the steps listed below: Click "Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools". Reply David Thornt... 18 Posts Re: IIS 8 - ASPX website issue May 09, 2013 11:31 AM|David Thornton|LINK Yes this is when I try and access the website externally from another 404 - File Or Directory Not Found How To Fix None 0 Points 12 Posts Re: On IIS getting error HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
None 0 Points 12 Posts Re: On IIS getting error HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Select a product Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by category. They suggest to use the following: http://www.britishdeveloper.co.uk/2010/06/dont-use-modules-runallmanagedmodulesfo.html http://bartwullems.blogspot.com/2012/06/optimize-performance-of-your-web.html share|improve this answer answered Feb 16 '14 at 17:31 Jeff 111 2 Please embed/write your answer instead of just linking –Aleksey Izmailov this contact form Do you need your password?
http://amoghnatu.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/question-please-help-iis-throwing-http-404-not-found-but-requested-resource-actually-exists-requested-url-also-changing-automatically/[^] Thanks a lot.! Th file is generated properly as i can see it in IIS where I have saved it in a folder but in appliction when I attempt to open it an an May 18, 2009 02:45 AM|Nisha Balwatkar|LINK I have given 'Write' and 'Directory Browsing' permissions to the website(which also applies to the folder where file resides). None 0 Points 12 Posts Re: On IIS getting error HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
I have added a folder with a page in it in the \inetpub\wwwroot directory. Right-click on the roaming user profile directory that has been created. Physical path seems correct, Virtual Pah is MySite1. That's the only log file I have.. –user1301428 Apr 14 '14 at 12:25 Check this, forums.iis.net/t/1189242.aspx?IIS+7+HTTP+Error+Log+Location –Sai Apr 14 '14 at 12:28 | show 5 more comments 2 Answers
I have restarted the services but if I navigate to localhost/folder/file.html I get a 404 file not found error. IIS6 and later uses a 404 response, thereby not letting an attacker know whether such a file even exists. After you apply this update, handlers that are mapped to a "*." request path can handle requests whose URLs end with a period and requests whose URLs do not end with Just copy that path and paste it in explorer and see if it opens the file.file access file delete Dont Forget to MArk
Reply Nisha Balwat...